Make a Difference in Someone’s Life
At HopeHealth, volunteers serve an essential role in caring for people facing serious illness. In partnership with our staff, volunteers support patients and their families through companionship, alternative support services and respite support. They also help with administrative tasks and fundraising events.
HopeHealth is a non-profit, mission-driven organization. If you would like to make a real and lasting difference in someone's life, we would be grateful for your compassionate gift of time.
“Our volunteers provide a sense of calm and reassurance that tells the family, even without words, that they don’t need to be afraid, they are not alone. Blessed is the work of our volunteers!”
—Susannah Currie, M.Div., board-certified chaplain for HopeHealth
Ways to Volunteer
There are many ways to volunteer at HopeHealth depending on your interests and skills. Read on to find the opportunity that's right for you.
Making connections with our patients and families is one of the most significant ways you can contribute. For example, you could:
- Offer emotional support and companionship to patients and families in our care.
- Provide respite care (temporary caregiver break) for family members caring for loved ones.
- Assist with light household tasks or provide transportation.
- Help a fellow veteran by offering emotional support and companionship.
Support Groups and Special Talents
Volunteers can use their skills and talents, bringing comfort and joy to our patients and their caregivers. You can help by:
- Sharing your skills in art, music, journaling, hand massage, Reiki and any other special talents.
- Warming the hearts of patients and caregivers by offering the companionship of your pet.
- Co-facilitating a grief support group or assisting with a dementia-caregiver support group.
Many people choose to volunteer with us after experiencing our services themselves. If serious illness has touched your life in some way, you might enjoy sharing your story by representing us at:
- Senior centers
- Houses of worship
- Other local gatherings and meetings
You might wish to make a valuable contribution in these areas:
- Help in our offices by answering phones, preparing mailings, and filing.
- Host booths at health fairs and community events.
- Assist with special events and fundraisers.
Upcoming New Volunteer Trainings
Would you like to join our volunteer team? After filling out an application, join one of our upcoming volunteer trainings and be on-boarded as a HopeHealth volunteer!
April 25 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
May 16 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
June 13 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
October 10 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
April 2 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
June 11 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
October 1 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for either of these trainings by emailing VolunteeratHopeHealth@HopeHealthCo.org or calling (833) 818-1919. More trainings are available in the community as needed. For qualified candidates, online training is available. Please call us for more information.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the below needs:
- Patient/caregiver and companionship/respite – in homes and at our partnering long term care facilities
- Certified pet therapy
- Bi-lingual – all languages