Make a Difference in Someone’s Life
HopeHealth's volunteers serve an essential role in caring for people facing serious illness. In partnership with our staff, volunteers support patients and their families through companionship, alternative support services, administrative and community support and more throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We also partner with Pet Peace of Mind to care for patient's pets when they are no longer able.
HopeHealth is a not-for-profit, mission-driven organization. If you want to make a real and lasting difference in someone's life, we would be grateful for your compassionate gift of time.
“Our volunteers provide a sense of calm and reassurance that tells the family, even without words, that they don’t need to be afraid, they are not alone. Blessed is the work of our volunteers!”
—Susannah Currie, M.Div., board-certified chaplain for HopeHealth
Ways to Volunteer
There are many ways to volunteer at HopeHealth depending on your interests and skills. Read on to find the opportunity that's right for you.
- Offer emotional support and companionship to patients and families in our care.
- Provide respite care (temporary caregiver break) for family members caring for loved ones.
- Join our Peaceful Transitions team to ensure no patient ever has to die alone.
- Assist with light household tasks or provide transportation.
- Help a fellow veteran by offering emotional support and companionship.
HopeHealth Volunteers Make a Difference
HopeHealth's hospice volunteers share their special skills and talents to bring comfort and joy to patients and their caregivers. Watch how inspiring their work truly is.
When Phil saw the ad for hospice volunteers in Massachusetts, he wasn’t sure if a guy like him could help. But he knew he wanted to try.