Why Join HopeHealth's Hospice Team?
We care deeply about every life we touch, including yours. We’re committed to giving employees the support they need to not only excel at their jobs, but to love what they do.
Join us, and you’ll be part of a team that inspires you, a workplace that invests in you, and a mission that brings hope and dignity to patients and families every day.
HopeHealth is a not-for-profit market leader in the areas of home health, palliative and hospice care serving Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Our family of brands include HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care, HopeHealth Community VNA and HopeHealth Visiting Nurse.
Join our team, and you’ll:
- Help patients and families make every moment count. Hospice is a special calling. Your work will help patients live as comfortably and fully as possible, and provide meaningful support for everyone in the family. As part of our team, you’ll provide patients, and their loved ones, with a peaceful end-of-life setting.
- Know that your expertise and unique perspective are valued. In our inclusive work culture, you’ll be free to work autonomously while feeling authentic support from your team. You’ll experience the mutual respect, collaboration and trust of a healthcare team that’s committed to going above and beyond for every patient – and for every member of the team.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule and generous benefits. Work full-time, part-time or per diem with scheduling flexibility to maximize your work/family life balance. Benefits include competitive compensation package, health care coverage, education reimbursement, and an employer-match retirement plan.
- Be part of a leading team. For over 40 years, HopeHealth Hospice has set the gold standard for end-of-life care. We’re the second-oldest hospice in the country, and one of the largest not-for-profit hospice providers in New England. We are committed to giving all of our employees the skills and support they need to deliver the best possible patient care.
What is the job description?
As a hospice aide, you'll work alongside our nurse to best meet the needs of our patients and their families. You'll provide personal care and light housekeeping duties in accordance with the established plan of care.
We are currently offering part time and full time hospice aide positions.
In this role, you will:
- Provide personal care
- Observe, report, and documents patient status and the care provided
- Provide support to patient/ family/ caregiver through on-going communication.
- Follow basic infection control procedures
- Report basic elements of body functioning, recognize and report changes in patient's status to RN Case Manager
- Recognize emergencies and have the knowledge of emergency procedures and their application
- Maintain patient/family confidentiality
What are the qualifications for this job?
- Certified Nurse Aide certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in home care and long-term care settings required